Friday, October 31, 2008

Sari Always the class

Model Elizabeth Hurley took part in a global breast cancer awareness campaign. That involved lighting up the Taj Palace hotel in Mumbai on the night of Thursday, October 23.

 
Embroidery_Saree

Liz Hurley, with a little help from her son Damien, set off the illumination of the Taj Palace as part of Estee's Lauder's breast cancer awareness initiative.

Bollywood actor Sonam Kapoor also lent her support to the cause. India holds special memories for the model-turned-actess whose much-talked about wedding to Arun Nayar was held here last year.

KW_saree_03DSC_0045 Hot_Saree_Indian_Model_Actress_-_Hotgirlsindex__51_
c2mo6 Celina_saree

Liz Hurley spoke exclusively to CNN-IBN and here's what transpired:

"I have been coming to India since 1988 with my then boyfriend Hugh Grant. Now of course I am married to Arun, half Indian. I come to Mumbai about five times a year and love it," said Liz.

 

chikan-saree-us7 Saree_Blouse3

Speaking on the issue of her participation in the breast cancer awareness campaign, Liz said, "Every October which is a breast cancer month, we always wear pink. When they decided that they are going to light up the Taj Mahal hotel in pink, I thought Gosh, I really want to wear something fabulous and Indian. So I asked the lovely Rohit Bal who made me my 'sangeet' costume for my wedding, if he'd design me something specially for tonight, for the braest cancer awareness show in Mumbai. He made me this saree which I must say is absolutely stunning. I am thrilled with it."

The black safety pin dress which was one of Liz's most talked about red carpet dresses ever but she stunned us with this wish of hers.

"It was a very beautiful dress but I live in hope that one of these days one of my Indian outfits might overtake them in the popularity stakes. I probably want to buy five or six pink sarees- all for breast cancer awareness. This one is going to join the line."

No comments: